Come pray through the “land of smiles”
October 23, 2017
The “land of smiles”—that’s our destination here on World Prayer Today.
Welcome, team! We’re glad to have you aboard as we stop in Thailand where Thru the Bible’s broadcasts can be heard on both FM and AM stations as well as on the Internet.
As we pray for the generous and easygoing Thai people today, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Over 250,000 Buddhist monks serve in over 30,000 temples across Thailand. God’s church in this land is small; only about 1% of the population professes Jesus as their Savior.
- In the small church, more than 65% are first-generation Christians.
- The average Thai worker earns less than $3,000 a year.
- Two million children are currently involved in prostitution to pay off family debts.
- HIV/AIDS is the leading cause of death and infection rates continue to rise.
That’s a lot to pray about! Will you join us as we bring these things before the Lord and pray for God’s truth to bring true and lasting joy to the people of Thailand? And at the request of our Thai producer, Rush Rungbusayamalee, let’s ask that Thru the Bible broadcasts help Thai listeners to realize the importance of Bible study, prayer, and godly living.
Tomorrow we’re headed to Vietnam. Come pray with us!