Looking Ahead to 2016
February 01, 2016
The early weeks of a new calendar year are a time when the entire world looks to the future. Something about a new year brings a fresh sense of hope and possibility. While the world has no assurance of good things to come, those of us who follow the Lord Jesus Christ have promises from Almighty God that bring real hope:
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. - Hebrews 13:5
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33
These promises assure us that no matter what happens in our external environment, we can have God’s presence, purpose, and peace. For that reason, we can look ahead to 2016 with anticipation!
As we consider the precious ministry God has placed in our hands, we have even more reason to be of good cheer! With the high calling of taking God’s whole Word to the whole world, we can rest on God’s promises to honor His Word. We have seen Him do amazing things through our simple and humble efforts for almost 50 years.
As we look ahead to 2016, we envision continued fruitfulness in our global broadcasting ministry. As God provides, we will continue to send out radio programs on over 800 radio stations in North America and in over 100 languages to the far corners of the earth. These radio broadcasts provide access to millions, regardless of their economic status. Radio is the great equalizer in media, as even the poorest people on earth often have radios.
We also envision growth in the breadth and depth of impact in the area of new delivery systems. There are so many ways to listen to Dr. McGee’s teaching via digital platforms! The number of platforms and their impact continue to cause us to marvel. Many of these delivery systems are extremely cost effective. Here are some examples:
- Dr. McGee’s teaching in English and Spanish is available on YouTube.
- The same audio content is freely available through the iTunes store. Over two million programs have been downloaded! You can choose individual programs or sign up for a podcast to receive them regularly.
- If you have a Roku Player, you can hear Dr. McGee through your television! Just use the OnePlace.com app on Roku and find Dr. McGee.
- The TuneIn Radio app now has almost 19,000 people following our English Thru the Bible program!
- Our app now has over 90 different languages of TTB accessible in a language-contextualized format! Tens of thousands of people around the world have downloaded the app. We have listeners from over 100 different countries tuning in, and millions of programs have been streamed and downloaded. This is also a great ministry tool for reaching out to people who speak another language. For example, if you meet someone from India, ask them what language they speak and show them the app. Since it has over 15 different Indian languages available, they will probably recognize one of them and you can encourage them to listen to TTB in their native language.
All of these platforms are seeing increasing use each year, and some are experiencing very rapid growth. As more people around the world gain Internet access, and as the popularity of “smart phones” continues to grow, we want to reach even more of them with the timeless Word of God.
Thanks to your faithful prayers and financial support, we are able to utilize these new technologies to strengthen and continue our massive global broadcasting work. No matter how many new media technologies emerge, we will never waiver from our mission to take the whole Word to the whole world!
- Gregg Harris, TTB President