Pray for one of the least evangelized nations on earth
November 01, 2021
More than 1.8 billion Muslims in the world are living today without a relationship with Jesus. Yemen is home to 27 million Muslims.
Today we pray our way through what used to be one of the most fertile regions in the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen is the poorest Arab nation and faces the world’s largest humanitarian crisis. The most desperate of all, though, is the spiritual crisis within its borders.
As you may know from previous visits, Yemen remains one of the least evangelized nations on earth. More than 99% practice Islam, and only 0.2% know and follow Jesus.
The gruesome reality for Yemen’s small body of believers keeps this nation in the top ten for worst persecution of Christians. Expats have fled, migrants have fled, and most believers now are citizens that have converted from Islam. If discovered, our brothers and sisters in the faith are often banished from their tribes or brutally murdered. Still, despite these unrelenting restrictions, Christians have found ways to meet together. Through social media and secret gatherings, the church in Yemen continues to grow, and more people are turning to Christ than ever before.
Today as we pray for Yemen, let’s turn to Ephesians for inspiration:
- Pray persecuted believers will know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18)
- Pray the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
- Please pray all Yemenis will know how much God loves them (Ephesians 3:17)
- Pray Christians will learn how to share the gospel (Ephesians 6:19)
- Despite their fear, pray believers will courageously tell others about Jesus (Ephesians 6:20)
We’ll travel tomorrow to Azerbaijan and meet with a desperate mother who asks us to pray for her son.
Listen here to TTB-Arabic.